Drums Along the Mohawk Announces the 2017 Drum Corps International Champion
Wednesday, August 16th, 2017
Drum Corps International (DCI) awarded the 2017 World Champion Gold Medal to the Blue Devils from Concord, California.
Taking the Silver medal was Santa Clara Vanguard from Santa Clara, California (who won the 2016 Drums Along the Mohawk). The Bronze medal went to Carolina Crown of Fort Mill, South Carolina.
The 2017 Drums Along the Mohawk Champion, The Cavaliers from Rosemont, Illinois, took fourth place capturing the position away from the Bluecoats of Canton, Ohio who were the 2016 DCI Champion and held the position for the first two days of the championship competition.
Other corps competing in this year's Drums Along the Mohawk placed 6th Boston Crusaders; 12th Madison Scouts; 13th Mandarins; 17th Troopers; 20th Oregon Crusaders; 21st Pacific Crest; and 23rd Genesis. Gabe Gallegos, drum major of the Troopers won the Jim Jones Leadership Award from DCI.
The top 12 DCI 2017 World Championship Finals:
- Blue Devils - Concord, CA - 98.500
- Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA - 97.600
- Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC - 96.575
- The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL - 95.200
- Bluecoats - Canton, OH - 95.163
- Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA - 92.963
- The Cadets - Allentown, PA - 91.600
- Blue Knights - Denver, CO - 90.400
- Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL - 88.125
- Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI - 87.938
- Crossmen - San Antonio, TX - 86.825
- Madison Scouts - Madison, WI - 85.250